If you know you want to write this masterpiece book yourself, but you’re feeling lost as to where to start, what to do first, how to get your ideas out of your head and onto paper, and/or how to keep on track through the writing process, working with a book coach is a great option for you.
Benefits of book coaching include:
- In-depth project evaluation to determine what you need from a book coach and how best to set up your work together (aka knowing what you’re getting into before you start)
- Dedicated strategy sessions to clarify your goals, your audience, the premise of your book, and why you’re the best person to say what you’re saying (aka writing your introduction without realizing you’re writing it)
- Guidance through the process of outlining (aka turning your mental folder of ideas into an organized writing plan)
- An individualized writing strategy keyed to you and your needs (aka setting things up so you don’t dread fitting writing into your schedule)
- Weekly accountability and clarity calls (aka helping you stay on track when life gets crazy)
- An editor-ready first draft (aka finishing the book this year rather than at some indefinite later point when the free time to write magically appears)
- Guidance to rewrite your first draft after you finish writing it (aka taking your words from good to great)
Book coaching tends to run between 3 and 6 months and can go as long as 8, depending on how quickly you want to write. The first 1-2 months cover all the strategy sessions and outlining, and the remaining months are dedicated to writing and rewriting. Packages start at $2,000 per month with a 3-month minimum.